ULFA anti-talk faction to participate in talks if held abroad
Guwahati: ULFA`s banned anti-talk faction has resolved to participate in talks only if the issue of Assam`s sovereignty was discussed and it was held in a third country in the presence of representatives from the United Nations.
In a statement e-mailed on Tuesday, its Chairman Abhijeet Asom said a decision to this effect was taken during the faction`s five day central executive meeting held from April 2.
In another resolution it was decided that the unit would be henceforth be known as United Liberation Front of Asom-Independent or ULFA-I.
The outfit`s Commander-in-Chief Paresh Barua has also been appointed as the Deputy Chairman in-charge along with his earlier position as the head of the armed wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police