ULFA anti-talk faction to participate in talks if held abroad
Guwahati: ULFA`s banned anti-talk faction has resolved to participate in talks only if the issue of Assam`s sovereignty was discussed and it was held in a third country in the presence of representatives from the United Nations.
In a statement e-mailed on Tuesday, its Chairman Abhijeet Asom said a decision to this effect was taken during the faction`s five day central executive meeting held from April 2.
In another resolution it was decided that the unit would be henceforth be known as United Liberation Front of Asom-Independent or ULFA-I.
The outfit`s Commander-in-Chief Paresh Barua has also been appointed as the Deputy Chairman in-charge along with his earlier position as the head of the armed wing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?