ULFA hand suspected in Guwahati blast
Guwahati: At least two persons were Tuesday injured when suspected ULFA militants hurled grenades at the Ganeshguri area in the heart of the city.
A group of suspected militants belonging to ULFA anti-talk
faction lobbed the grenade at a vehicle in the Zoo Road area
here, police said.
Guwahati Senior Superintendent of Police Apurba Jeevan
Barua said two ULFA ultras were arrested in connection with
The injured have been admitted to Guwahati Hospital,
police sources said adding security has been tightened in and
around the city.
According to eye witnesses, the blast occurred after a grenade was thrown outside the Punjab National Bank on Zoo Road from a Tata Safari car.
There were not many people at the blast site due to the nation-wide trade union strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends