ULFA hand suspected in Guwahati blast
Guwahati: At least two persons were Tuesday injured when suspected ULFA militants hurled grenades at the Ganeshguri area in the heart of the city.
A group of suspected militants belonging to ULFA anti-talk
faction lobbed the grenade at a vehicle in the Zoo Road area
here, police said.
Guwahati Senior Superintendent of Police Apurba Jeevan
Barua said two ULFA ultras were arrested in connection with
The injured have been admitted to Guwahati Hospital,
police sources said adding security has been tightened in and
around the city.
According to eye witnesses, the blast occurred after a grenade was thrown outside the Punjab National Bank on Zoo Road from a Tata Safari car.
There were not many people at the blast site due to the nation-wide trade union strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha apologises to Sarabjit, accused in Tilak Nagar case
- Sheena Bora murder: Mikhail to be brought to Mumbai for questioning
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena Bora murder spread over various cities
- Sheena Bora murder: Transit remand for Sanjeev Khanna; to be presented in court
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- Sheena Bora and Mikhail had different fathers?