ULFA hawk killed, police constable injured in Assa
Guwahati: A hardcore cadre of ULFA`s anti-talk faction was killed while a police constable was injured during a shootout in Assam`s Tinsukia district Saturday evening.
The shootout took place in Ratoni pathar village under Bodumsa police station. Police said that one AK 81 rifle and five magazines - two of AK 81 and three of pistols, were also recovered from the place of occurrence.
Assam`s IGP Law and Order LR Bishnoi said that the shootout took place as a police patrolling party came in confrontation with an ULFA team during regular patrolling in the village.
"A senior ULFA cadre was killed during the incident while one of our constables received bullet injuries on his hand," said Bishnoi, while adding that the injured constable was being shifted to Tinsukia civil hospital.
"The slain cadre has similarities with senior ULFA cadre Diganta Gogoi but we can confirm this only after family members identify him officially," he said.
Bishnoi also refuted reports of any grenade explosion in Tinsukia district Saturday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India