ULFA hawk killed, police constable injured in Assa
Guwahati: A hardcore cadre of ULFA`s anti-talk faction was killed while a police constable was injured during a shootout in Assam`s Tinsukia district Saturday evening.
The shootout took place in Ratoni pathar village under Bodumsa police station. Police said that one AK 81 rifle and five magazines - two of AK 81 and three of pistols, were also recovered from the place of occurrence.
Assam`s IGP Law and Order LR Bishnoi said that the shootout took place as a police patrolling party came in confrontation with an ULFA team during regular patrolling in the village.
"A senior ULFA cadre was killed during the incident while one of our constables received bullet injuries on his hand," said Bishnoi, while adding that the injured constable was being shifted to Tinsukia civil hospital.
"The slain cadre has similarities with senior ULFA cadre Diganta Gogoi but we can confirm this only after family members identify him officially," he said.
Bishnoi also refuted reports of any grenade explosion in Tinsukia district Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video