ULFA hawk killed, police constable injured in Assa
Guwahati: A hardcore cadre of ULFA`s anti-talk faction was killed while a police constable was injured during a shootout in Assam`s Tinsukia district Saturday evening.
The shootout took place in Ratoni pathar village under Bodumsa police station. Police said that one AK 81 rifle and five magazines - two of AK 81 and three of pistols, were also recovered from the place of occurrence.
Assam`s IGP Law and Order LR Bishnoi said that the shootout took place as a police patrolling party came in confrontation with an ULFA team during regular patrolling in the village.
"A senior ULFA cadre was killed during the incident while one of our constables received bullet injuries on his hand," said Bishnoi, while adding that the injured constable was being shifted to Tinsukia civil hospital.
"The slain cadre has similarities with senior ULFA cadre Diganta Gogoi but we can confirm this only after family members identify him officially," he said.
Bishnoi also refuted reports of any grenade explosion in Tinsukia district Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi