ULFA hawk killed, police constable injured in Assa
Guwahati: A hardcore cadre of ULFA`s anti-talk faction was killed while a police constable was injured during a shootout in Assam`s Tinsukia district Saturday evening.
The shootout took place in Ratoni pathar village under Bodumsa police station. Police said that one AK 81 rifle and five magazines - two of AK 81 and three of pistols, were also recovered from the place of occurrence.
Assam`s IGP Law and Order LR Bishnoi said that the shootout took place as a police patrolling party came in confrontation with an ULFA team during regular patrolling in the village.
"A senior ULFA cadre was killed during the incident while one of our constables received bullet injuries on his hand," said Bishnoi, while adding that the injured constable was being shifted to Tinsukia civil hospital.
"The slain cadre has similarities with senior ULFA cadre Diganta Gogoi but we can confirm this only after family members identify him officially," he said.
Bishnoi also refuted reports of any grenade explosion in Tinsukia district Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16