ULFA militant caught: Assam police
Tinsukia (Assam): A militant of the anti-talk faction of ULFA was caught by security forces from Doomdooma town in Tinsukia district Monday, police said.
Acting on information about the presence of a three- member ULFA group in the town, a joint team of Army and police personnel intercepted an autorickshaw and caught one Nitul Moran. Two other militants fled.
Two China-made grenades were recovered from him, police said, adding that an operation was on to track the other militants identified as Bipul Moran and Raju Moran.
The ULFA cadres were planning to create major disturbance in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi