ULFA militant caught: Assam police
Tinsukia (Assam): A militant of the anti-talk faction of ULFA was caught by security forces from Doomdooma town in Tinsukia district Monday, police said.
Acting on information about the presence of a three- member ULFA group in the town, a joint team of Army and police personnel intercepted an autorickshaw and caught one Nitul Moran. Two other militants fled.
Two China-made grenades were recovered from him, police said, adding that an operation was on to track the other militants identified as Bipul Moran and Raju Moran.
The ULFA cadres were planning to create major disturbance in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister