ULFA militant caught: Assam police
Tinsukia (Assam): A militant of the anti-talk faction of ULFA was caught by security forces from Doomdooma town in Tinsukia district Monday, police said.
Acting on information about the presence of a three- member ULFA group in the town, a joint team of Army and police personnel intercepted an autorickshaw and caught one Nitul Moran. Two other militants fled.
Two China-made grenades were recovered from him, police said, adding that an operation was on to track the other militants identified as Bipul Moran and Raju Moran.
The ULFA cadres were planning to create major disturbance in the area, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Navjot Singh Sidhu diagnosed with DVT: Know about this life threatening disease!
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch