ULFA militant killed in Assam
Tinsukia: A suspected militant belonging to the anti-talk faction of ULFA was killed during a joint operation launched by the Army and police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district on Sunday.
Government sources said the militant was gunned down during an encounter in the Duwarmara forests near Doomdooma this morning.
The slain militant has not yet been identified.
Army and police had launched the operation after getting intelligence input regarding the presence of a group of armed men in the area.
When the security forces reached the place, they saw a group of men. The ultras tried to flee from the area and security forces fired on them to stop the militants.
One person was killed in the firing. Details regarding the incident are yet to come out.
In another incident, police recovered two Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) from the kitchen garden of a house in Hahakati area under Kakopothar police station in Tinsukia district. The IEDs were buried in the garden.
Police said the IEDs, each weighing around five kg, were recovered following a tip-off. The owner of the house, Biswajit Moran, has been picked up for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- Panel discussion on detention of goat for grazing in bureaucrat's garden
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- WATCH: 'Sting videos of Kejriwal govt's minister Imran Hussain's staffer demanding bribe of Rs 25 lakh for his boss'
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch