ULFA militant killed in Tinsukia
Tinsukia (Assam): A suspected militant belonging to the anti-talk faction of ULFA was killed during a joint operation launched by the Army and police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district on Sunday.
Government sources said the militant was gunned down during an encounter in the Duwarmara forests near Doomdooma this morning.
The slain militant has not yet been identified.
Army and police had launched the operation after getting intelligence input regarding the presence of a group of armed men in the area.
When the security forces reached the place, they saw a group of men. The ultras tried to flee from the area and security forces fired on them to stop the militants.
One person was killed in the firing. Details regarding the incident are yet to come out.
In another incident, police recovered two Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) from the kitchen garden of a house in Hahakati area under Kakopothar police station in Tinsukia district. The IEDs were buried in the garden.
Police said the IEDs, each weighing around five kg, were recovered following a tip-off. The owner of the house, Biswajit Moran, has been picked up for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Radhe Maa dances at casino in London, claims video
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Lalu Prasad Yadav challenges Narendra Modi over 'shaitan' comment, demands PM's apology
- Ghulam Ali concert row: Subramanian Swamy hits back at Shiv Sena's critics