ULFA militant killed in Tinsukia
Tinsukia (Assam): A suspected militant belonging to the anti-talk faction of ULFA was killed during a joint operation launched by the Army and police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district on Sunday.
Government sources said the militant was gunned down during an encounter in the Duwarmara forests near Doomdooma this morning.
The slain militant has not yet been identified.
Army and police had launched the operation after getting intelligence input regarding the presence of a group of armed men in the area.
When the security forces reached the place, they saw a group of men. The ultras tried to flee from the area and security forces fired on them to stop the militants.
One person was killed in the firing. Details regarding the incident are yet to come out.
In another incident, police recovered two Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) from the kitchen garden of a house in Hahakati area under Kakopothar police station in Tinsukia district. The IEDs were buried in the garden.
Police said the IEDs, each weighing around five kg, were recovered following a tip-off. The owner of the house, Biswajit Moran, has been picked up for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Army, CRPF squabble over who killed Pampore terrorists
- This smartphone app can help you avoid unplanned pregnancy!
- Taiwan 'to test-fire missiles in US' as China tensions rise
- Juno on Jupiter's doorstep: Stunning view of giant planet and its largest moons (Pic inside)!
- 'Can you spare USD10 to help elect a billionaire?' - Trump emails