ULFA militant killed in Tinsukia
Tinsukia (Assam): A suspected militant belonging to the anti-talk faction of ULFA was killed during a joint operation launched by the Army and police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district on Sunday.
Government sources said the militant was gunned down during an encounter in the Duwarmara forests near Doomdooma this morning.
The slain militant has not yet been identified.
Army and police had launched the operation after getting intelligence input regarding the presence of a group of armed men in the area.
When the security forces reached the place, they saw a group of men. The ultras tried to flee from the area and security forces fired on them to stop the militants.
One person was killed in the firing. Details regarding the incident are yet to come out.
In another incident, police recovered two Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) from the kitchen garden of a house in Hahakati area under Kakopothar police station in Tinsukia district. The IEDs were buried in the garden.
Police said the IEDs, each weighing around five kg, were recovered following a tip-off. The owner of the house, Biswajit Moran, has been picked up for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city