ULFA militant killed in Tinsukia
Tinsukia (Assam): A suspected militant belonging to the anti-talk faction of ULFA was killed during a joint operation launched by the Army and police in upper Assam`s Tinsukia district on Sunday.
Government sources said the militant was gunned down during an encounter in the Duwarmara forests near Doomdooma this morning.
The slain militant has not yet been identified.
Army and police had launched the operation after getting intelligence input regarding the presence of a group of armed men in the area.
When the security forces reached the place, they saw a group of men. The ultras tried to flee from the area and security forces fired on them to stop the militants.
One person was killed in the firing. Details regarding the incident are yet to come out.
In another incident, police recovered two Improvised Explosive Devices (IED) from the kitchen garden of a house in Hahakati area under Kakopothar police station in Tinsukia district. The IEDs were buried in the garden.
Police said the IEDs, each weighing around five kg, were recovered following a tip-off. The owner of the house, Biswajit Moran, has been picked up for questioning.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!