ULFA militant surrenders in Assam
Lakhimpur (Assam): An ULFA insurgent
on Friday surrendered with arms before the Lakhimpur district superintendent of police.
The ULFA militant, Suren Borgohain alias Akash `Asom`, laid down an AK-56 and six bullets before the superintendent of police, Prakanta Kumar Bhuyan here.
Suren said he was trained in 2009 at the proscribed outfit`s Paka camp in Myanmar, where 178 other cadre had undergone training with him under the ULFA`s elusive commander-in-chief Paresh Baruah.
Borgohain said he was operating under the command of ULFA`s incharge of Lakhimpur and Dhemaji districts, Ranjit Das.
Along with him six other ultras had left the Paka camp recently and four of them were at large, while another was nabbed by police recently.
Suren told reporters that he left the ULFA as he was disillusioned with the outfit`s ideology, lack of coordination in the camps, tremendous suffering of the ULFA cadre in the camps where they were forced to carry out difficult orders.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Ram Mandir in Ayodhya will be built soon, says Thawar Chand Gehlot
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?