ULFA ultra killed in encounter in Asam
Goalpara: An ULFA militant was killed and two army personnel were injured in an encounter in Goalpara district on the Assam-Meghalaya border Tuesday, officials said.
The personnel of the 19 Dogra Regiment troops at Khourdanga, injuring two of them, following which the troops retaliated.
The militant, identified later as Niyor Asom alias Bubul Ali, was killed in the encounter, they said.
A pistol, three magazines and a large quantity of ammunition were recovered from the slain ultra, officials said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living