ULFA(I) claims to execute top leader; police yet to confirm
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of the banned United Liberation Front of Asom (Independent) today claimed it had executed a senior leader, but the police were yet to confirm that.
Partha Asom alias Partha Gogoi, the assistant finance secretary and a captain of the "eastern command", was executed after being convicted of some "serious charges", ULFA(I) said in a statement.
The Paresh Barua-led organisation alleged that he was a police informer and engaged in financial irregularities.
When contacted, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) A P Rout said, "We suspect that something of that sort has happened. But unless we get the body, we cannot confirm anything."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt