ULFA(I) claims to execute top leader; police yet to confirm
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of the banned United Liberation Front of Asom (Independent) today claimed it had executed a senior leader, but the police were yet to confirm that.
Partha Asom alias Partha Gogoi, the assistant finance secretary and a captain of the "eastern command", was executed after being convicted of some "serious charges", ULFA(I) said in a statement.
The Paresh Barua-led organisation alleged that he was a police informer and engaged in financial irregularities.
When contacted, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) A P Rout said, "We suspect that something of that sort has happened. But unless we get the body, we cannot confirm anything."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj