ULFA(I) claims to execute top leader; police yet to confirm
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of the banned United Liberation Front of Asom (Independent) today claimed it had executed a senior leader, but the police were yet to confirm that.
Partha Asom alias Partha Gogoi, the assistant finance secretary and a captain of the "eastern command", was executed after being convicted of some "serious charges", ULFA(I) said in a statement.
The Paresh Barua-led organisation alleged that he was a police informer and engaged in financial irregularities.
When contacted, Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) A P Rout said, "We suspect that something of that sort has happened. But unless we get the body, we cannot confirm anything."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan