ULFA(I) denies involvement in Dibrugarh bomb blast
Guwahati: The ULFA (Independent) on Wednesday denied its involvement in the bomb blast in Dibrugarh town in which a girl was killed and nine others injured.
The ULFA(I) in a release e-mailed here said that the outfit was in no way associated with the blast and expressed its deep condolences to the family members of the teenage girl killed in the incident.
The outfit`s spokesman Joy Asom alleged that such incidents were "usually the handiwork of security forces who carry out the blasts with the help of some agents who are kept in their custody."
"The acts of violence are carried out by these agents to malign the outfit and they are later made to surrender with the security forces claiming success in weakening the outfit," the release added.
A crude bomb was exploded by suspected militants in the upper Assam town last evening behind the old Railway station in the busy Amolapatty area below an electric pole killing a teenage girl and injuring nine persons, including a woman.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday