ULFA(I) militant arrested in Assam
Jorhat: An ULFA (Independent) militant was arrested from Majuli river island in Jorhat district, a police official said Friday.
Deepak Patowary alias Deepak Bora (36) was arrested last night based on a tip off that he was hiding at Borguri Joorbil, Superintendent of Police Amanjit Kaur said.
Six ULFA(I) extortion notices and two mobile hand sets were recovered from the ultra, Kaur said.
Deepak had joined ULFA in 1996 and later surrendered in 2007. He returned to insurgency in 2011 by joining Paresh Baruah led ULFA(I) faction for recruitment and extortion drives in Majuli, Lakhimpur, Sibsagar and Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border areas, Kaur said. PTI
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town