ULFA`s anti-talk faction behind Assam blasts
Guwahati: One person was killed and three others injured on Wednesday in a bomb blast in Assam`s Goalpara district, suspected to have been carried out by ULFA`s anti-talk faction.
A suspected ULFA cadre parked a bicycle with a bag containing an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) at a tea stall, about 400 metres from Krishnai Police Station, which later exploded injuring four persons. One of them later succumbed to his injuries in Goalpara Civil Hospital.
The victim has been identified as the tea stall owner Mujibur Rahman and the injured as Kosumuddin, Johorul Islam and Akhtar Hussain.
The police have picked up four persons for interrogation and have registered a case under various sections relating to conspiracy, murder, Explosives Substances Act and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Police and paramilitary forces have already launched an operation in Krishnai and its neighbouring areas to nab the culprits, senior police officers said.
The state government has announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs eight lakh to the next of kin of the dead and free medical treatment to the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Delhi government bans Chinese firecrackers for this Diwali