ULFA`s anti-talk faction behind Assam blasts
Guwahati: One person was killed and three others injured on Wednesday in a bomb blast in Assam`s Goalpara district, suspected to have been carried out by ULFA`s anti-talk faction.
A suspected ULFA cadre parked a bicycle with a bag containing an Improvised Explosive Device (IED) at a tea stall, about 400 metres from Krishnai Police Station, which later exploded injuring four persons. One of them later succumbed to his injuries in Goalpara Civil Hospital.
The victim has been identified as the tea stall owner Mujibur Rahman and the injured as Kosumuddin, Johorul Islam and Akhtar Hussain.
The police have picked up four persons for interrogation and have registered a case under various sections relating to conspiracy, murder, Explosives Substances Act and Unlawful Activities (Prevention) Act.
Police and paramilitary forces have already launched an operation in Krishnai and its neighbouring areas to nab the culprits, senior police officers said.
The state government has announced an ex-gratia payment of Rs eight lakh to the next of kin of the dead and free medical treatment to the injured.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part II
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part III
- Panel discussion over Lalu Yadav's insensitive attitude over flood situations in Bihar Part IV
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Suspended AAP MP Dharamvira Gandhi floats new front
- Now, get your email address in Hindi
- None of your concern, says Indian Army after China's warning over deployment of BrahMos missile in Arunachal
- PHOTOS: BRUTAL! Randy Orton receives 10 staples after Brock Lesnar's assault at SummerSlam
- Army Chief Gen Dalbir Singh Suhag appeals for peace in Kashmir