Undertrials` fast in Assam jail
Morigaon: Over 100 undertrial prisoners of Morigaon district jail in central Assam had been on a hunger strike for several hours Thursday protesting against alleged unhealthy atmosphere inside the jail, the police said.
The inmates alleged that they were kept in sub-human conditions and served stale food.
Refusing to take food since 6 am, the prisoners also complained that the jail lacked medical facilities, the sources said.
However, the jail authorities talked to the protestors and assured them to look into their grievances.
The inmates then withdrew the hunger strike at about one pm.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APICET 2016 Results: (apicet.net.in) AP ICET Result 2016, AP Integrated Common Entrance Test Results to be declared today on May 27 at 9 AM
- CHSE Odisha Plus Two (Class 12) Exam Results 2016 is likely to be declared today anytime soon - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Trump would approve oil pipeline project blocked by Obama on green concerns
- Deep-water search for EgyptAir black boxes to start soon
- Britain plans to send warship to fight smuggling of people, arms off Libya: Cameron