Update National Register of Citizens in Assam: BJP
Nalbari (Assam): BJP on Monday demanded that the Assam government should complete the work of updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) within a year.
Addressing a rally organised to protest the government`s alleged failure to check the influx of illegal Bangladeshi migrants, BJP National Executive member Sarbananda Sonowal said, that the government should take up the work of NRC updating on a war-footing and complete it within a year.
He demanded that the Assam Accord must be implemented to check the entry of illegal migrants from the neighbouring country.
The rally was organised by Nalbari district unit of BJP and was attended by national President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Anurag Singh Thakur and Mangaldoi MP, Ramen Deka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Security guard beats woman journalist publicly in Pakistan
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; 7 Pak Rangers killed, BSF jawan injured
- ISIS terrorists escape Mosul disguised in women's clothing
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- MS Dhoni or Virat Kohli? Here's Virender Sehwag's best ever reply
- Hema Malini did not accept land for dance academy: Government to HC
- LIVE Cricket Score, IND vs NZ, 3rd ODI: Chasing 286-run target, India lose Rahane and Rohit early
- Seven Pak rangers, one militant killed in retaliatory firing by BSF on Jammu border
- Samajwadi Party feud LIVE: After his sacking, Ramgopal Yadav writes to Mulayam, says 'you're surrounded by evil forces'