Update National Register of Citizens in Assam: BJP
Nalbari (Assam): BJP on Monday demanded that the Assam government should complete the work of updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) within a year.
Addressing a rally organised to protest the government`s alleged failure to check the influx of illegal Bangladeshi migrants, BJP National Executive member Sarbananda Sonowal said, that the government should take up the work of NRC updating on a war-footing and complete it within a year.
He demanded that the Assam Accord must be implemented to check the entry of illegal migrants from the neighbouring country.
The rally was organised by Nalbari district unit of BJP and was attended by national President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Anurag Singh Thakur and Mangaldoi MP, Ramen Deka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India