Update National Register of Citizens in Assam: BJP
Nalbari (Assam): BJP on Monday demanded that the Assam government should complete the work of updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) within a year.
Addressing a rally organised to protest the government`s alleged failure to check the influx of illegal Bangladeshi migrants, BJP National Executive member Sarbananda Sonowal said, that the government should take up the work of NRC updating on a war-footing and complete it within a year.
He demanded that the Assam Accord must be implemented to check the entry of illegal migrants from the neighbouring country.
The rally was organised by Nalbari district unit of BJP and was attended by national President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Anurag Singh Thakur and Mangaldoi MP, Ramen Deka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security