Update National Register of Citizens in Assam: BJP
Nalbari (Assam): BJP on Monday demanded that the Assam government should complete the work of updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) within a year.
Addressing a rally organised to protest the government`s alleged failure to check the influx of illegal Bangladeshi migrants, BJP National Executive member Sarbananda Sonowal said, that the government should take up the work of NRC updating on a war-footing and complete it within a year.
He demanded that the Assam Accord must be implemented to check the entry of illegal migrants from the neighbouring country.
The rally was organised by Nalbari district unit of BJP and was attended by national President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Anurag Singh Thakur and Mangaldoi MP, Ramen Deka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Haryana Minister Anil Vij donates Rs 50 lakh to private games tournament organised by Dera Sacha Sauda, kicks up row
- Sidharth Malhotra felt wonderful doing the US tour! READ
- UP BJP to launch 'new voters registration programme'
- PM Modi hosts Rio medallists PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, national sports awardees
- 40 dead as Turkish shelling, raids hit Syrian civilians