Update National Register of Citizens in Assam: BJP
Nalbari (Assam): BJP on Monday demanded that the Assam government should complete the work of updating the National Register of Citizens (NRC) within a year.
Addressing a rally organised to protest the government`s alleged failure to check the influx of illegal Bangladeshi migrants, BJP National Executive member Sarbananda Sonowal said, that the government should take up the work of NRC updating on a war-footing and complete it within a year.
He demanded that the Assam Accord must be implemented to check the entry of illegal migrants from the neighbouring country.
The rally was organised by Nalbari district unit of BJP and was attended by national President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha, Anurag Singh Thakur and Mangaldoi MP, Ramen Deka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Earth's ancient magnetic field had more than two poles!
- VIDEOS: MS Dhoni's wife Sakshi shares her adorable moments with daughter Ziva
- 26/11 mastermind Hafiz Saeed announces 'jihad to free Pakistani rivers from India'
- Chinese ship inaugurates expanded Panama Canal
- Euro 2016: Germany cruise into last eight with 3-0 Slovakia win