Vehicles set ablaze during bandh in RHAC
Goalpara (Assam): A mini-van and a motorcycle were set ablaze at Dudhnoi in lower Assam`s Goalpara district during the 24-hour bandh on Saturday by local militant outfit Rabha National Liberation Front (RNLF) in Rabha Hasong Autononmous Council (RHAC) areas.
Police said passengers of the van were asked to disembark before it was set on fire on NH 37 at Dabli under Dudhnoi police station.
The motorcylce too was set ablaze by by the militants at the same place, the police said adding no casualty was reported so far.
The bandh affected normal life in the area with markets, shops, banks, educational institutions and offices remaining closed
RNLF had called for the bandh accusing the state government of not being serious about holding elections to the council and demanding immediate commencement of the democratic process if it did not want deterioration of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy