Vehicles set ablaze during bandh in RHAC
Goalpara (Assam): A mini-van and a motorcycle were set ablaze at Dudhnoi in lower Assam`s Goalpara district during the 24-hour bandh on Saturday by local militant outfit Rabha National Liberation Front (RNLF) in Rabha Hasong Autononmous Council (RHAC) areas.
Police said passengers of the van were asked to disembark before it was set on fire on NH 37 at Dabli under Dudhnoi police station.
The motorcylce too was set ablaze by by the militants at the same place, the police said adding no casualty was reported so far.
The bandh affected normal life in the area with markets, shops, banks, educational institutions and offices remaining closed
RNLF had called for the bandh accusing the state government of not being serious about holding elections to the council and demanding immediate commencement of the democratic process if it did not want deterioration of the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Kapil Sharma shares pic with Salman Khan; ‘Comedy Nights...’ to go off air
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- WATCH: Roger Federer mesmerizes centre court crowd with a 'tweener lob'