Wild elephant kills one near Kaziranga National Park
Jorhat: A wild elephant trampled to death one person and injured another besides damamging six thatch houses near Kaziranga National Park in upper Assam on Monday.
The jumbo came out of the Bagori Range of flood-hit Kaziranga Park and damaged the houses at Lakhipur adjacent to the Park, Forest Department sources said.
The pachyderm then trampled to death one Bulu Gogoi (45) and injured his nephew Tipu Gogoi, the sources said.
The wounded was admitted to Hospital.
Yesterday wild elephants had trampled to death a teenage girl and damaged several houses at Theperaguri village in Hojai area of neighbouring Nagaon district.
Man-elephant conflict has increased due to encroachment of forests by people causing the jungles to shrink and the mammoths to come out to human habitation in search of food, environmentalists said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living