Wild elephant kills one near Kaziranga National Park
Jorhat: A wild elephant trampled to death one person and injured another besides damamging six thatch houses near Kaziranga National Park in upper Assam on Monday.
The jumbo came out of the Bagori Range of flood-hit Kaziranga Park and damaged the houses at Lakhipur adjacent to the Park, Forest Department sources said.
The pachyderm then trampled to death one Bulu Gogoi (45) and injured his nephew Tipu Gogoi, the sources said.
The wounded was admitted to Hospital.
Yesterday wild elephants had trampled to death a teenage girl and damaged several houses at Theperaguri village in Hojai area of neighbouring Nagaon district.
Man-elephant conflict has increased due to encroachment of forests by people causing the jungles to shrink and the mammoths to come out to human habitation in search of food, environmentalists said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi