Wild elephant kills one near Kaziranga National Park
Jorhat: A wild elephant trampled to death one person and injured another besides damamging six thatch houses near Kaziranga National Park in upper Assam on Monday.
The jumbo came out of the Bagori Range of flood-hit Kaziranga Park and damaged the houses at Lakhipur adjacent to the Park, Forest Department sources said.
The pachyderm then trampled to death one Bulu Gogoi (45) and injured his nephew Tipu Gogoi, the sources said.
The wounded was admitted to Hospital.
Yesterday wild elephants had trampled to death a teenage girl and damaged several houses at Theperaguri village in Hojai area of neighbouring Nagaon district.
Man-elephant conflict has increased due to encroachment of forests by people causing the jungles to shrink and the mammoths to come out to human habitation in search of food, environmentalists said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!