Wild elephant kills one near Kaziranga National Park
Jorhat: A wild elephant trampled to death one person and injured another besides damamging six thatch houses near Kaziranga National Park in upper Assam on Monday.
The jumbo came out of the Bagori Range of flood-hit Kaziranga Park and damaged the houses at Lakhipur adjacent to the Park, Forest Department sources said.
The pachyderm then trampled to death one Bulu Gogoi (45) and injured his nephew Tipu Gogoi, the sources said.
The wounded was admitted to Hospital.
Yesterday wild elephants had trampled to death a teenage girl and damaged several houses at Theperaguri village in Hojai area of neighbouring Nagaon district.
Man-elephant conflict has increased due to encroachment of forests by people causing the jungles to shrink and the mammoths to come out to human habitation in search of food, environmentalists said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- Watch: CM Yogi Adityanath's first speech in UP Assembly house
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- India vs Australia: Virat Kohli takes reconciliatory path, says his friendship comment was 'blown out of proportion'
- Sunil Grover joining AIB? Here’s the truth
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users