Wild elephants kill one, damage crops and houses
Guwahati: A woman was killed by a herd of wild elephants while two other groups destroyed houses and cropland creating panic in different parts of Assam, official sources said Monday.
A 55-year old woman, identified as Golapi Baglari, was trampled to death by a herd of elephants in No-4 Amjuli village in Udalguri district when she was sleeping in her hut last night.
In another incident, a herd of five elephants damaged three houses, paddy fields and trampled tea plants in some small tea gardens in No:4 Rongbong village in Numaligarh area of Golaghat district.
A herd of 12 elephants strayed out of Dibru-Saikhowa National Park and created panic in Rohmoria, Kanaigaon and Mohanbari area of Dibrugarh district damaging crops and small tea gardens in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year