Wild elephants kill one, damage crops and houses
Guwahati: A woman was killed by a herd of wild elephants while two other groups destroyed houses and cropland creating panic in different parts of Assam, official sources said Monday.
A 55-year old woman, identified as Golapi Baglari, was trampled to death by a herd of elephants in No-4 Amjuli village in Udalguri district when she was sleeping in her hut last night.
In another incident, a herd of five elephants damaged three houses, paddy fields and trampled tea plants in some small tea gardens in No:4 Rongbong village in Numaligarh area of Golaghat district.
A herd of 12 elephants strayed out of Dibru-Saikhowa National Park and created panic in Rohmoria, Kanaigaon and Mohanbari area of Dibrugarh district damaging crops and small tea gardens in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar
- British politics in turmoil as Brexit talks loom