Wild elephants kill one, damage crops and houses
Guwahati: A woman was killed by a herd of wild elephants while two other groups destroyed houses and cropland creating panic in different parts of Assam, official sources said Monday.
A 55-year old woman, identified as Golapi Baglari, was trampled to death by a herd of elephants in No-4 Amjuli village in Udalguri district when she was sleeping in her hut last night.
In another incident, a herd of five elephants damaged three houses, paddy fields and trampled tea plants in some small tea gardens in No:4 Rongbong village in Numaligarh area of Golaghat district.
A herd of 12 elephants strayed out of Dibru-Saikhowa National Park and created panic in Rohmoria, Kanaigaon and Mohanbari area of Dibrugarh district damaging crops and small tea gardens in the area.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre