Will form govt in 2016; Ajmal will be Assam CM: AIUDF
Guwahati: Assam`s principal opposition party, All India United Democratic Front today claimed it will form the next government in the state and its leader Maulana Badruddin Ajmal will become the next Chief Minister.
"I believe Congress` last days have come. The next government will be formed by AIUDF," Leader of Opposition in Assam Legislative Assembly Sirajuddin Ajmal told reporters here.
"In 2016, AIUDF will form government in Assam. People have lost faith in the Congress party," he said.
Asked if AIUDF will contest the 2016 assembly polls alone or in alliance with other parties, Sirajuddin said "Our policy is Ekla Chalo (just walk alone). Our regime will be one of total discipline, no corruption and peace."
He said AIUDF will create a "Golden Assam" once it comes to power. On a question regarding who will be Chief Minister if AIUDF comes to power, Sirajuddin said "Badruddin Ajmal will be Chief Minister. Definitely."
Meanwhile, Sirajuddin`s comments drew sharp reactions from the ruling Congress and Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
"It will remain only a dream," Gogoi said, when asked about AIUDF`s claim. AIUDF is the largest opposition party in the state with 18 MLAs and its president Badruddin Ajmal is the Lok Sabha MP from Dhubri constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- Differences alone cannot define Sino-India ties: Chinese media
- Tata Hexa, Safari Storme to get 1.9-litre diesel in 2017
- MFs asset base from B15 cities up 19% to Rs 2 lakh crore
- Those killed in Kashmir hadn't gone to buy milk and toffee, says Mehbooba Mufti
- Renault Kwid AMT ready in 800cc and 1.0-litre guise