Will form govt in 2016; Ajmal will be Assam CM: AIUDF
Guwahati: Assam`s principal opposition party, All India United Democratic Front today claimed it will form the next government in the state and its leader Maulana Badruddin Ajmal will become the next Chief Minister.
"I believe Congress` last days have come. The next government will be formed by AIUDF," Leader of Opposition in Assam Legislative Assembly Sirajuddin Ajmal told reporters here.
"In 2016, AIUDF will form government in Assam. People have lost faith in the Congress party," he said.
Asked if AIUDF will contest the 2016 assembly polls alone or in alliance with other parties, Sirajuddin said "Our policy is Ekla Chalo (just walk alone). Our regime will be one of total discipline, no corruption and peace."
He said AIUDF will create a "Golden Assam" once it comes to power. On a question regarding who will be Chief Minister if AIUDF comes to power, Sirajuddin said "Badruddin Ajmal will be Chief Minister. Definitely."
Meanwhile, Sirajuddin`s comments drew sharp reactions from the ruling Congress and Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi.
"It will remain only a dream," Gogoi said, when asked about AIUDF`s claim. AIUDF is the largest opposition party in the state with 18 MLAs and its president Badruddin Ajmal is the Lok Sabha MP from Dhubri constituency.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame?
- Narsingh Yadav doping controversy: Who's to blame? - Part II
- NADA likely to declare verdict on wrestler Narsingh Yadav's doping case on Thursday
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- Chinese soldiers spotted in Uttarakhand's Chamoli; defence ministry says 'no incursion'
- US Presidential Elections: Donald Trump could win, warns Barack Obama
- Delhi Transport Minister says 17 auto unions end strike; union leader denies
- World at war over money, not religious faith, says Pope
- World Hepatitis Day, 2016: Ten facts you should know!