Woman kidnapped in April still traceless, BJP demands action
Karimganj: A woman, Mampi Nath alias Sangeeta Nath, a resident of Tarapur Gosaipara who was kidnapped in April was still to be traced with the Cachar district BJP Mahila Morcha Wednesday submitting a memorandum.
Mampi, the mother of a two-year old child, was kidnapped on April 28 with her husband Ranjan Nath filing an FIR with the Tarapur police outpost which led to the arrest of a person Monaf Alam Laskar on May 5, but he was subsequently released on bail.
The Morcha sought the intervention of the Cachar deputy commissioner and superintendent of police in tracing her and to be more proactive in investigation.
The main accused Md Rahibul Alam Laskar and Md Saidul Alam Laskar were yet to been arrested, the memorandum said.
BJP district Mahila Morcha president Susmita Purkayastha said "It is a matter of great distress. It is also a reflection on how the investigation is being conducted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak