Woman kidnapped in April still traceless, BJP demands action
Karimganj: A woman, Mampi Nath alias Sangeeta Nath, a resident of Tarapur Gosaipara who was kidnapped in April was still to be traced with the Cachar district BJP Mahila Morcha Wednesday submitting a memorandum.
Mampi, the mother of a two-year old child, was kidnapped on April 28 with her husband Ranjan Nath filing an FIR with the Tarapur police outpost which led to the arrest of a person Monaf Alam Laskar on May 5, but he was subsequently released on bail.
The Morcha sought the intervention of the Cachar deputy commissioner and superintendent of police in tracing her and to be more proactive in investigation.
The main accused Md Rahibul Alam Laskar and Md Saidul Alam Laskar were yet to been arrested, the memorandum said.
BJP district Mahila Morcha president Susmita Purkayastha said "It is a matter of great distress. It is also a reflection on how the investigation is being conducted."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days