Woman kills child, self in Assam
Dhubri (Assam): A woman killed her child
and then hanged herself to death on Wednesday in Assam`s Dhubri district, police said.
The 28-year old woman, Rashida Khatoon, first slit the veins of her six-month old girl child, and then hanged herself to death at her parents` house in Jhagrapar Part One village under Dhubri police station.
The woman, according to her family members, was mentally disturbed and was living with her parents while her two sons stayed with her husband in Bahalpur area under Chapar police station of the district.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH