Woman kills child, self in Assam
Dhubri (Assam): A woman killed her child
and then hanged herself to death on Wednesday in Assam`s Dhubri district, police said.
The 28-year old woman, Rashida Khatoon, first slit the veins of her six-month old girl child, and then hanged herself to death at her parents` house in Jhagrapar Part One village under Dhubri police station.
The woman, according to her family members, was mentally disturbed and was living with her parents while her two sons stayed with her husband in Bahalpur area under Chapar police station of the district.
The bodies have been sent for postmortem, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state