Workers attack owner`s bungalow in Assam, 2 burnt
Tinsukia (Assam): Two persons were burnt alive when a group of disgruntled workers set fire to the bungalow of a tea garden owner at upper Assam`s Tinsukia district Wednesday afternoon.
While the bodies are yet to be identified, it is suspected that the owner of MKB tea estate D K Bhattacharya and his wife were inside when flames engulfed the bungalow.
Police said the incident took place after Bhattacharya served eviction notice to two workers of his estate asking them to vacate their quarters.
The two workers refused to leave and Bhattacharya called the police who arrested the duo today.
As news of the arrest spread, a group of workers assembled and rampaged through the bungalow of the owner.
They set fire to the building and also torched two cars belonging to Bhattacharya.
Police and fire brigade personnel reached the spot and efforts are on to douse the flames. The rampaging mob fled from the spot.
Two bodies were recovered from one portion of the bungalow.
Both bodies were badly charred making identification difficult.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living