Workers attack owner`s bungalow in Assam, 2 burnt
Tinsukia (Assam): Two persons were burnt alive when a group of disgruntled workers set fire to the bungalow of a tea garden owner at upper Assam`s Tinsukia district Wednesday afternoon.
While the bodies are yet to be identified, it is suspected that the owner of MKB tea estate D K Bhattacharya and his wife were inside when flames engulfed the bungalow.
Police said the incident took place after Bhattacharya served eviction notice to two workers of his estate asking them to vacate their quarters.
The two workers refused to leave and Bhattacharya called the police who arrested the duo today.
As news of the arrest spread, a group of workers assembled and rampaged through the bungalow of the owner.
They set fire to the building and also torched two cars belonging to Bhattacharya.
Police and fire brigade personnel reached the spot and efforts are on to douse the flames. The rampaging mob fled from the spot.
Two bodies were recovered from one portion of the bungalow.
Both bodies were badly charred making identification difficult.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- How will Sonowal's govt solve problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam?
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam - Part II
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part III
- How will Sonowal's govt solve the problem of illegal Bangladeshi migration in Assam? - Part IV
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Sarbananda Sonowal takes charge as Assam’s first BJP CM, PM Modi attends his swearing-in
- Desperate times, desperate measures! Parineeti Chopra's make-up ain’t gonna stop – See pic
- IPL 9 VIDEO: When Shikhar Dhawan, Yuvraj Singh became Gabbar and taxi driver
- First Talgo train trial on Bareilly-Moradabad rail route on May 29
- Rahul Gandhi to lead rally against AAP, BJP over Delhi power crisis