Andhra Pradesh: Five central ministers defeated in Seemandhra
Hyderabad: Five central ministers, including two of cabinet rank, lost the Lok Sabha elections in Seemandhra.
With the Congress party suffering complete annihilation in Seemandhra due to bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, no central or state minister could retain his seat. The party drew a blank in both assembly and Lok Sabha election.
Union tribal welfare minister Kishore Chandra Deo finished a poor third in Araku. The five-time MP polled just over 21,000 votes. YSR Congress Party`s K. Geetha won the seat by securing over 236,000 votes. Her nearest rival was TDP`s G. Sandhya Rani, who got 221,000 votes.
Union home resources development minister MM Pallam Raju met a similar fate in Kakinada.
Six union ministers of state suffered crushing defeat. They are Pannabaka Lakshmi (Bapatla), K Krupa Rani (Srikakulam) and K Suryaprakash Reddy (Kurnool).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das