Andhra Pradesh: Five central ministers defeated in Seemandhra
Hyderabad: Five central ministers, including two of cabinet rank, lost the Lok Sabha elections in Seemandhra.
With the Congress party suffering complete annihilation in Seemandhra due to bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh, no central or state minister could retain his seat. The party drew a blank in both assembly and Lok Sabha election.
Union tribal welfare minister Kishore Chandra Deo finished a poor third in Araku. The five-time MP polled just over 21,000 votes. YSR Congress Party`s K. Geetha won the seat by securing over 236,000 votes. Her nearest rival was TDP`s G. Sandhya Rani, who got 221,000 votes.
Union home resources development minister MM Pallam Raju met a similar fate in Kakinada.
Six union ministers of state suffered crushing defeat. They are Pannabaka Lakshmi (Bapatla), K Krupa Rani (Srikakulam) and K Suryaprakash Reddy (Kurnool).
- J&K: Teams named after militants in cricket tournament
- Laser walls activated along Indo-Pak border to keep vigil against terrorists
- Haji Ali Dargah row: Trupti Desai wants support of Aamir, Salman, SRK
- ISRO successfully launches IRNSS-1G into the orbit
- IRNSS-1G launch: It's a great gift to people of India from scientists, says PM Modi
- India deeply appreciates US' engagement in Asia-Pacific: Ashton Carter
- VVIP chopper scam: Ex-IAF chief SP Tyagi had admitted to meeting middleman Haschke
- F-16 fighter jets sold to Pakistan could be used against India: US lawmakers
- Fee hike: Schools will not budge with dharnas, submit a written complaint, Manish Sisodia tells parents
- Know what Shah Rukh Khan feels about PM Narendra Modi’s ‘Make In India’ initiative