TDP approaches EC for free and fair poll in Kadapa district
Kadapa: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) urged the Election Commission (EC) on Monday to take steps for free and fair polls in the district, where they alleged that the YSR Congress dominates with muscle power, sources said.
Kadapa district TDP MP Ramesh Naidu and contesting candidate from Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency R Srinivasula Reddy have urged the Election Commission to do so in a representation to the EC.
Sources said that the TDP had doubts about the polling pattern in Jammulamadugu and Pulivendula assembly constituencies.
The TDP said that YSR Congress would resort to unfair poll practices particularly in Pulivendula and Lingala mandals in the Pulivendula segment and Devagudi area of Jammulamadugu constituency.
The TDP leaders urged the EC to allow outsiders as polling agents in these sensitive polling stations and deploy extra security forces for free and fair elections, sources said.
TDP leaders also submitted a list of sensitive polling stations in these two constituencies, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India