TDP approaches EC for free and fair poll in Kadapa district
Kadapa: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) urged the Election Commission (EC) on Monday to take steps for free and fair polls in the district, where they alleged that the YSR Congress dominates with muscle power, sources said.
Kadapa district TDP MP Ramesh Naidu and contesting candidate from Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency R Srinivasula Reddy have urged the Election Commission to do so in a representation to the EC.
Sources said that the TDP had doubts about the polling pattern in Jammulamadugu and Pulivendula assembly constituencies.
The TDP said that YSR Congress would resort to unfair poll practices particularly in Pulivendula and Lingala mandals in the Pulivendula segment and Devagudi area of Jammulamadugu constituency.
The TDP leaders urged the EC to allow outsiders as polling agents in these sensitive polling stations and deploy extra security forces for free and fair elections, sources said.
TDP leaders also submitted a list of sensitive polling stations in these two constituencies, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report