TDP approaches EC for free and fair poll in Kadapa district
Kadapa: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) urged the Election Commission (EC) on Monday to take steps for free and fair polls in the district, where they alleged that the YSR Congress dominates with muscle power, sources said.
Kadapa district TDP MP Ramesh Naidu and contesting candidate from Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency R Srinivasula Reddy have urged the Election Commission to do so in a representation to the EC.
Sources said that the TDP had doubts about the polling pattern in Jammulamadugu and Pulivendula assembly constituencies.
The TDP said that YSR Congress would resort to unfair poll practices particularly in Pulivendula and Lingala mandals in the Pulivendula segment and Devagudi area of Jammulamadugu constituency.
The TDP leaders urged the EC to allow outsiders as polling agents in these sensitive polling stations and deploy extra security forces for free and fair elections, sources said.
TDP leaders also submitted a list of sensitive polling stations in these two constituencies, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday