TDP approaches EC for free and fair poll in Kadapa district
Kadapa: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) urged the Election Commission (EC) on Monday to take steps for free and fair polls in the district, where they alleged that the YSR Congress dominates with muscle power, sources said.
Kadapa district TDP MP Ramesh Naidu and contesting candidate from Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency R Srinivasula Reddy have urged the Election Commission to do so in a representation to the EC.
Sources said that the TDP had doubts about the polling pattern in Jammulamadugu and Pulivendula assembly constituencies.
The TDP said that YSR Congress would resort to unfair poll practices particularly in Pulivendula and Lingala mandals in the Pulivendula segment and Devagudi area of Jammulamadugu constituency.
The TDP leaders urged the EC to allow outsiders as polling agents in these sensitive polling stations and deploy extra security forces for free and fair elections, sources said.
TDP leaders also submitted a list of sensitive polling stations in these two constituencies, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress