TDP approaches EC for free and fair poll in Kadapa district
Kadapa: Telugu Desam Party (TDP) urged the Election Commission (EC) on Monday to take steps for free and fair polls in the district, where they alleged that the YSR Congress dominates with muscle power, sources said.
Kadapa district TDP MP Ramesh Naidu and contesting candidate from Kadapa Lok Sabha constituency R Srinivasula Reddy have urged the Election Commission to do so in a representation to the EC.
Sources said that the TDP had doubts about the polling pattern in Jammulamadugu and Pulivendula assembly constituencies.
The TDP said that YSR Congress would resort to unfair poll practices particularly in Pulivendula and Lingala mandals in the Pulivendula segment and Devagudi area of Jammulamadugu constituency.
The TDP leaders urged the EC to allow outsiders as polling agents in these sensitive polling stations and deploy extra security forces for free and fair elections, sources said.
TDP leaders also submitted a list of sensitive polling stations in these two constituencies, sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'