TDP-BJP alliance wins 17 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra
Hyderabad: The TDP-BJP alliance has bagged 17 out of 25 Lok Sabha seats in Seemandhra while YSR Congress Party has won eight seats.
The Congress, which had won 21 seats in 2009 elections, and Jai Samaikyandhra Party floated recently by former chief minister N Kiran Kumar Reddy drew a blank.
The Telugu Desam Paty (TDP) on its own captured 15 seats while the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) won two out of four it contested.
The YSRCP not only retained Kadapa and Nellore Lok Sabha constituencies which it won in the by-elections in 2011 but wrested six more seats from the Congress.
YSRCP, however, suffered a setback in Visakhapatnam as its honorary president YS Vijayamma lost the election. Vijayamma, who is mother of party chief YS Jaganmohan Reddy, was defeated by over 90,000 votes by K Haribabu of BJP.
Jaganmohan Reddy`s cousin YS Avinash Reddy and uncle YV Subba Reddy were elected from Kadapa and Ongole respectively.
The prominent winners from TDP include former state ministers Ashok Gajapati Raju (Vizianagaram) and JC Diwakar Reddy (Anantapur), industrialist G.Jayadev (Guntur) and actor-turned-politician Murali Mohan (Rajahmundry).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day