BJP announces 2nd list for Arunachal Assembly poll
Itanagar: BJP has announced its second list of candidates, including that for the prestigious Itanagar constituency, for the April 9 assembly elections in Arunachal Pradesh.
The list of 17 candidates was cleared by BJP Central Election Committee, chaired by party`s national president Rajnath Singh at New Delhi yesterday, Party spokesman Techi Necha said here today.
Former Congress minister Atum Welly has been named as the candidate for Pakke-Kessang constituency in East Kameng district, while youth leader Tame Phassang for the Itanagar seat.
Nabam Tade will contest from Sagalee, the constituency of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, while former ministers Roding Pertin, T L Rajkumar and Thajam Aboh have been nominated as party candidates for Dambuk, Khonsa East and Khonsa West, respectively.
Other candidates include, Lhakpa Tsering (Dirang), Dorjee Khandu Thungon (Kalaktang), Tai Chiji (Nyapin), Lompak Paksok (Dumporijo), Dr Nyada Mara (Likabali), Tumke Bagra (Along West), Yumto Jini (Along East), Kento Rina (Nari-Koyu), Malo Linggi (Roing), Chow Arina Manpoong (Namsai) and Sira Ong Singpho (Bordumsa).
The party had earlier declared 36 candidates in its first list on March 16 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey