BJP announces 2nd list for Arunachal Assembly poll
Itanagar: BJP has announced its second list of candidates, including that for the prestigious Itanagar constituency, for the April 9 assembly elections in Arunachal Pradesh.
The list of 17 candidates was cleared by BJP Central Election Committee, chaired by party`s national president Rajnath Singh at New Delhi yesterday, Party spokesman Techi Necha said here today.
Former Congress minister Atum Welly has been named as the candidate for Pakke-Kessang constituency in East Kameng district, while youth leader Tame Phassang for the Itanagar seat.
Nabam Tade will contest from Sagalee, the constituency of Chief Minister Nabam Tuki, while former ministers Roding Pertin, T L Rajkumar and Thajam Aboh have been nominated as party candidates for Dambuk, Khonsa East and Khonsa West, respectively.
Other candidates include, Lhakpa Tsering (Dirang), Dorjee Khandu Thungon (Kalaktang), Tai Chiji (Nyapin), Lompak Paksok (Dumporijo), Dr Nyada Mara (Likabali), Tumke Bagra (Along West), Yumto Jini (Along East), Kento Rina (Nari-Koyu), Malo Linggi (Roing), Chow Arina Manpoong (Namsai) and Sira Ong Singpho (Bordumsa).
The party had earlier declared 36 candidates in its first list on March 16 last.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'