Repoll ordered in 37 booths of Arunachal
Itanagar: Re-polling will be held on April 19 in 37 polling stations across Arunachal Pradesh where voting was suspended on April 9 due to damage of EVMs and other poll-related violence.
Election office sources here today said re-polling would be held from 6 AM till 2 PM.
The districts where re-polling would be held are Kurung Kumey (12 booths in 3 Assembly constituencies), East Kameng (11 booths, 3 Assembly constituencies), Upper Subansiri (9 booths in 3 Assembly constituencies), West Siang (4 booths in one Assembly constituency) and East Siang (1 booth in one Assembly constituencies), the sources said.
The state election authorities has decided to deploy adequate CRPF personnel in all the booths where re-polling would be held, the sources said.
Meanwhile, the state unit of BJP has opposed the recommendation for re-polling at Sodrik polling station under Raga Assembly constituency in Upper Subansiri district.
In a letter written to state Chief Electoral Officer today, the party claimed the order was unjustified as polling had been peaceful.
The party alleged that the presiding officer of the booth have been forced to change his reporting by the returning officer under pressure from a few ministers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'