Security beefed up for poll counting in Arunachal tomorrow
Itanagar: Elaborate security arrangements have been made in Arunachal Pradesh for counting of votes on Friday for two Lok Sabha and 49 state Assembly seats, polling for which was conducted on April 9.
"We have deployed security personnel including central paramilitary forces (CPMF) and state police in all the counting centres for ensuring smooth and violence-free counting," IGP (Law and Order) Satyendra Garg told PTI.
Additional CPMF personnel have been allotted to the state by the Centre as reinforcement to maintain law and order during counting and the period after it.
Garg, who himself visited the counting centres today to oversee the arrangements during the day, said a three-layer security cover is in place and police barricades would be put up 100 metres away from the counting halls on all sides as per the Election Commission orders.
The whole process of counting would be videographed and district electoral officers have asked the magistrates to be strict and prompt in their action while dealing with any law and order problem and filing of FIR, election office sources informed.
The fate of 143 candidates who contested from 49 assembly constituencies along with 11 candidates who were in the fray for Arunachal East and West parliamentary seats would be known during the counting tomorrow.
The Congress had already won 11 assembly seats uncontested.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister