KV Singhdeo – President of Odisha BJP
Former Minister and Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) Legislature party leader in Odisha State Assembly KV Singh Deo is barced with the onerous task of ensuring Bjp victory or at least make it relevant in the state.
A four-time MLA from Patnagarh in Bolangir district, Singhdeo, will be hoping that `Modi wave` will help him in the state.
After being elevated as the BJP legislature party leader in Odisha Assembly, Singhdeo, actively campaigned for his party in the BMC polls which were held in January 2014.
However, the party had to face defeat in the BMC polls.
Although, as per a pre-poll survey, the BJP`s vote-share is expected to rise by eight per cent in Odisha, the party`s position is very poor in the state and many hold KV Singhdeo, the state president of the party, responsible for such a state of affairs.
The ruling BJD had ended the alliance with BJP is 2009, ahead of the Lok sabha polls over issues on anti-Christian riots.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Candid chat with 'Tamasha' stars Deekipa Padukone, Ranbir Kapoor
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!
- Bigg Boss, Day 46: Priya Malik urinates inside the car!
- READ: New twist in Karisma Kapoor, Sunjay Kapur divorce saga!