Odisha state cabinet asks Governor to dissolute Assembly
Bhubaneswar: The state cabinet today recommended the Odisha Governor for dissolution of the 14th Assembly in order to pave way for the formation of the new Assembly after the May 16 counting of votes, official sources said here today.
The decision in this regard was taken at a cabinet meeting presided over by Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik.
"This is a Constitutional requirement for making recommendation to the Governor for dissolution of the existing Assembly for the formation of a new Assembly," Chief Secretary J K Mohapatra told reporters here today.
The Cabinet also approved a proposal to stand guarantee of the loan to be incurred by the ailing Odisha State Cooperative Marketing Federation (MARKFED) and Aska Sugar Mills as part of its restructuring process.
It also approved another proposal for the government to stand guarantee for the loan to Aska Sugar Mills.
The MARKFED would get a Rs 30 crore loan from the co-operative bank while Aska Sugar Mills would get Rs 20 crore with the government being the guarantor in both the cases.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India