Pawan Chamling to contest from Yangang
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling, who is seeking a straight fifth term in office, will contest from Rangang-Yangang Assembly seat, from where he entered electoral politics 32 years ago.
Chamling had started his career in politics from Yangang village in 1982 and was elected to the Yangang Gram Panchayat.
Two years later, he contested the Assembly Elections from Damthang and has been an MLA ever since.
Chamling, the president of the ruling Sikkim Democratic Front, will also contest from Namchi-Singhithang.
Launching the campaign from West district, the party president said SDF was a democratic party which was successful in maintaining peace and security of the people for the past twenty years and this would not go in vain.
He also levelled a series of allegations against his former cabinet colleague and current opposition leader, PS Tamang Golay and his party, the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha.
He claimed that the new party did not have any agenda of its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice