Pawan Chamling to contest from Yangang
Gangtok: Sikkim Chief Minister Pawan Chamling, who is seeking a straight fifth term in office, will contest from Rangang-Yangang Assembly seat, from where he entered electoral politics 32 years ago.
Chamling had started his career in politics from Yangang village in 1982 and was elected to the Yangang Gram Panchayat.
Two years later, he contested the Assembly Elections from Damthang and has been an MLA ever since.
Chamling, the president of the ruling Sikkim Democratic Front, will also contest from Namchi-Singhithang.
Launching the campaign from West district, the party president said SDF was a democratic party which was successful in maintaining peace and security of the people for the past twenty years and this would not go in vain.
He also levelled a series of allegations against his former cabinet colleague and current opposition leader, PS Tamang Golay and his party, the Sikkim Krantikari Morcha.
He claimed that the new party did not have any agenda of its own.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends
- UEFA Euro 2016: Cristiano Ronaldo rescues Portugal; Belgium seal last-16 berth in Zlatan Ibrahimovic's farewell