SKM unveils election symbol
Gangtok: Sikkim Krantikari Morcha on Friday unveiled the party`s election symbol, a table lamp, at its first public meeting since the election dates were announced.
At the meeting at Sang Bazaar in East Sikkim, SKM president P S Tamang said the acquisition of an election symbol from the Election Commission was an achievement for the party which was moving ahead "despite concerted efforts by the ruling party to put obstacles."
The party symbol was released in the presence of party supporters, locals and 913 persons who joined SKM today during the constituency level party meeting for Martam-Rumtek constituency.
On what could become the party-slogan in the coming days, he announced that elections would be a fight between Kala-dhan (black money) and Jan-Shakti (people`s power).
Cheering crowds welcomed the SKM president who in his address said, the SDF tried its best to get our party?s registration disqualified but we had faith in the Election Commission and we crossed all hurdles and have now been given our election symbol with which we will contest elections."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?