10,000 autorickshaws in Patna to have code numbers
Patna: In a bid to improve law and order situation, the district police administration has decided to allot unique code number for identification in the event of any crime taking place in the vehicle or misbehaviour by its driver with a passenger, police sources said on Wednesday.
In all, 10,000 autorickshaws will be issued code numbers with the police station of its owners` residence being prefix of the code number, sources said.
In the first phase, 4000 autorickshaws will be coded over the next four days beginning today and in all 10,000 such vehicles will be issued code numbers by January 15.
The vehicle must display the code number prominently on its body for easy detection by the passengers and the police, sources said.
The autorickshaw owners will also be required to submit documents related to the ownership of the vehicle, driving licence, residential address of the driver with mobile phone numbers with the police stations of their respective residential areas so that prompt actions could be taken in the event of a complaint being reported by a passenger.
The campaign for autorickshaw coding was launched today by the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Amrit Raj at Patalipura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'