10,000 autorickshaws in Patna to have code numbers
Patna: In a bid to improve law and order situation, the district police administration has decided to allot unique code number for identification in the event of any crime taking place in the vehicle or misbehaviour by its driver with a passenger, police sources said on Wednesday.
In all, 10,000 autorickshaws will be issued code numbers with the police station of its owners` residence being prefix of the code number, sources said.
In the first phase, 4000 autorickshaws will be coded over the next four days beginning today and in all 10,000 such vehicles will be issued code numbers by January 15.
The vehicle must display the code number prominently on its body for easy detection by the passengers and the police, sources said.
The autorickshaw owners will also be required to submit documents related to the ownership of the vehicle, driving licence, residential address of the driver with mobile phone numbers with the police stations of their respective residential areas so that prompt actions could be taken in the event of a complaint being reported by a passenger.
The campaign for autorickshaw coding was launched today by the Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Amrit Raj at Patalipura police station.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB