11 injured in police-mob clash in Dumka district
Dumka: Eleven people, including
seven policemen, were on Tuesday injured when a mob clashed with
the police at Parbalsa village in Dumka district, the police
"After baton charge and bursting of tear gas shells fell
to control a mob, the police fired wounding four persons,"
Superintendent of Police Hemant Toppo said.
The police action came after the mob attacked them for
being stopped from damaging one Jaidhan Hembram?s house, the
SP told reporters here.
Officer-in-charge of Tonra police station Saiffuddin
Ahmed was among seven policemen who were injured in the
attack, the SP said and added the mob shot arrows and hurled
stones on the police.
Trouble started when Hembram did not turn up at "Mode
Manjhi", a traditional tribal panchayat, convened to settle a
land dispute allegedly involving Hembram and two
others---Durgi Soren and Gale Soren, the SP said.
The panchayat was convened at the insistence of the
Sorens despite Sub-divisional Officer Sanjay Kumar Singh had
intervened on April 4 and settled the dispute in favour of the
Sorens, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena was Indrani’s daughter from her previous marriage, not sister
- How justified is the violence in Gujarat over quota row?-Part 2
- Gujarat quota stir: Exclusive interview with Hardik Patel
- Gujarat quota stir: PM Modi appeals for peace
- Sheena Bora murder mystery: Eight questions which need to be answered
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police
- How Hardik Patel got offended when asked about Arvind Kejriwal