11 injured in police-mob clash in Dumka district
Dumka: Eleven people, including
seven policemen, were on Tuesday injured when a mob clashed with
the police at Parbalsa village in Dumka district, the police
"After baton charge and bursting of tear gas shells fell
to control a mob, the police fired wounding four persons,"
Superintendent of Police Hemant Toppo said.
The police action came after the mob attacked them for
being stopped from damaging one Jaidhan Hembram?s house, the
SP told reporters here.
Officer-in-charge of Tonra police station Saiffuddin
Ahmed was among seven policemen who were injured in the
attack, the SP said and added the mob shot arrows and hurled
stones on the police.
Trouble started when Hembram did not turn up at "Mode
Manjhi", a traditional tribal panchayat, convened to settle a
land dispute allegedly involving Hembram and two
others---Durgi Soren and Gale Soren, the SP said.
The panchayat was convened at the insistence of the
Sorens despite Sub-divisional Officer Sanjay Kumar Singh had
intervened on April 4 and settled the dispute in favour of the
Sorens, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!