11 killed as train hits car in Bihar
Patna: At least 11 people, including four children, were killed and three seriously injured Saturday night when a goods train hit their car in Bihar`s West Champaran district, police said.
The accident took place at the unmanned Rajghat railway crossing near Bettiah, about 200 km from Patna, when the car carrying people from a wedding including the groom, was hit by the goods train.
"Four people were killed on the spot and seven succumbed to their injuries at a hospital," a district police official said.
The three injured, including the groom, are battling for their lives.
There were 14 people in the car.
According to police, all the victims were from one family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city