11 mobile phones among various items seized from Bihar jail
Araria: Eleven mobile phones and some other objectionable items were seized on Sunday from a division jail in Bihar`s Araria district, a police officer said.
Acting on an information, a district administration team raided division jail premises and seized 11 mobile phones, two SIM cards, two charges, a knife and one kg ganja from cells of inmates, the Superintendent of Police Akhtar Hussai said.
Charging jail authorities with dereliction of duty, he said that a report has been submitted to the District Magistrate Chitranjan Singh for taking stringent action against the errant jail officials and employees.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list