11 wagons of goods train derail, railway traffic disrupted in Bihar
Khagaria: Eleven wagons of a goods train derailed on Sunday near Manasi station in Bihar`s Khagaria district disrupting traffic on Barauni-Saharsa section, railway officials said.
The incident took place around 10.40 am as the eleven waggons of the goods train carrying consignment of rice on way to Madhepura from Barauni jumped off the track due to mechanical problems, Manasi station superintendent K L Chaudhary said.
As a result, the railway traffic on Barauni-Saharsa section of the East-Central Railway (ECR) got disrupted forcing the authorities to reschedule departure of the 15279 Saharsa-Adarsh Nagar (Delhi) Purabia Express, while another train Samastipur-Saharsa passenger was terminated at Khagaria station, he said.
The derailed waggons have been detached from the goods train which later was moved with remaining 48 waggons to the next railway station at Badaldih so as to clear the track for movement of trains.
A team of officials from ECR headquarters at Hajipur have rushed to the spot to probe the derailment, the Manasi station superintendent said, adding that there was no casualty or injury to anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sunanda Pushkar murder case: Police may approach court seeking lie detector test on Shashi Tharoor
- Jayalalithaa wins big in RK Nagar by-poll, defeats CPI's Mahendran by over 1.5 lakh votes
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- After Pankaja Munde, now Vinod Tawde accused of irregularities in awarding contracts in Maharashtra