11 wagons of goods train derail, railway traffic disrupted in Bihar
Khagaria: Eleven wagons of a goods train derailed on Sunday near Manasi station in Bihar`s Khagaria district disrupting traffic on Barauni-Saharsa section, railway officials said.
The incident took place around 10.40 am as the eleven waggons of the goods train carrying consignment of rice on way to Madhepura from Barauni jumped off the track due to mechanical problems, Manasi station superintendent K L Chaudhary said.
As a result, the railway traffic on Barauni-Saharsa section of the East-Central Railway (ECR) got disrupted forcing the authorities to reschedule departure of the 15279 Saharsa-Adarsh Nagar (Delhi) Purabia Express, while another train Samastipur-Saharsa passenger was terminated at Khagaria station, he said.
The derailed waggons have been detached from the goods train which later was moved with remaining 48 waggons to the next railway station at Badaldih so as to clear the track for movement of trains.
A team of officials from ECR headquarters at Hajipur have rushed to the spot to probe the derailment, the Manasi station superintendent said, adding that there was no casualty or injury to anyone.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Nuke-armed Pakistan can 'target' Delhi in 5 minutes, claims AQ Khan
- Gorilla shot dead after child falls into enclosure at Cincinnati Zoo!
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature?
- Are increasing attacks on African students racial in nature? - Part II
- Meet 'Haryana ki Sherni' Anushka Sharma from 'Sultan'! See LATEST pic
- Anxious mother fox waits while men work to rescue her trapped cub– Watch the emotional moment!
- Attention Malaika! Hubby Arbaaz Khan is all set to romance Sunny Leone on reel
- Fallujah offensive against Iraq: Five things you need to know about
- Prime Minister wishes Goans on statehood day