12,388 Bihar villages electrified under RGGVY
Patna: Altogether 12,388 villages have been electrified in Bihar till date as against the target of 23,000 villages under the central flagship programme – Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyutikaran Yojara (RGGVY), a top electricity department official said on Thursday.
The Bihar State Electricty Board (BSEB) has electrified 3686 villages in the financial year 2010-11 under the RGGVY to take the number of villages electrified under the central scheme in Bihar to 12,388, the BSEB Chairman PN Rai told reporters here.
A total of 23,000 villages in Bihar has to be covered under the RGGVY in Bihar, he said.
Concerned at the slow place of electrification of the villages under the scheme, Rai said that there were several anomalies in allocation of funds for the purpose, among other reasons, for the delay in rural electrification.
However, the implementation of the central scheme has gathered pace recently and the remaining villages will be covered in due course, the BSEB official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what