12,388 Bihar villages electrified under RGGVY
Patna: Altogether 12,388 villages have been electrified in Bihar till date as against the target of 23,000 villages under the central flagship programme – Rajiv Gandhi Gramin Vidyutikaran Yojara (RGGVY), a top electricity department official said on Thursday.
The Bihar State Electricty Board (BSEB) has electrified 3686 villages in the financial year 2010-11 under the RGGVY to take the number of villages electrified under the central scheme in Bihar to 12,388, the BSEB Chairman PN Rai told reporters here.
A total of 23,000 villages in Bihar has to be covered under the RGGVY in Bihar, he said.
Concerned at the slow place of electrification of the villages under the scheme, Rai said that there were several anomalies in allocation of funds for the purpose, among other reasons, for the delay in rural electrification.
However, the implementation of the central scheme has gathered pace recently and the remaining villages will be covered in due course, the BSEB official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi