1.25 cr signatures for special status to Bihar
Patna: Ruling JD(U) on Saturday said it would
submit 1.25 crore signatures to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in support of the
demand for special state status to Bihar.
``We have obtained signatures from 1.25 crore people from
rural and urban areas in Bihar during the campaign launched by
party .... We will submit the signatures to the PM in support
of the special status demand,`` state JD(U) president
Bashishtha Narain Singh told reporters.
The party has already sought an appointment with the
prime minister to enable the delegation of the party leaders
to submit the signatures to him.
``We are confident that PM will be giving us time soon
and the signatures have been compiled in a book form,`` Singh
said adding Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would flag off a
delegation to New Delhi tomorrow from the party office here.
The party would organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in
New Delhi on July 13, he said adding ``I am sure that the
Centre will concede the demand of crores of people from Bihar
for ensuring its all-round growth,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- Is Pakistan trying to divert India from issue of terrorism?
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- SSC CGL 2016 exam dates out; read the eligibility criteria, registration details
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- Watch video: Samajwadi Party leader's celebratory firing kills 10-year-old child in Shamli