1.25 cr signatures for special status to Bihar
Patna: Ruling JD(U) on Saturday said it would
submit 1.25 crore signatures to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh
and organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in support of the
demand for special state status to Bihar.
``We have obtained signatures from 1.25 crore people from
rural and urban areas in Bihar during the campaign launched by
party .... We will submit the signatures to the PM in support
of the special status demand,`` state JD(U) president
Bashishtha Narain Singh told reporters.
The party has already sought an appointment with the
prime minister to enable the delegation of the party leaders
to submit the signatures to him.
``We are confident that PM will be giving us time soon
and the signatures have been compiled in a book form,`` Singh
said adding Chief Minister Nitish Kumar would flag off a
delegation to New Delhi tomorrow from the party office here.
The party would organise a meeting at Jantar Mantar in
New Delhi on July 13, he said adding ``I am sure that the
Centre will concede the demand of crores of people from Bihar
for ensuring its all-round growth,`` he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal