13 candidates file nominations in Bihar
Patna: The Bihar Assembly speaker Uday Narayan Chaudhary and 12 other candidates on Tuesday filed nomination papers in five parliamentary seats going to polls in the first phase on April 10.
Chaudhary filed his nomination papers from Jamui (SC) parliamentary seat as the JD(U) candidate, while his RJD rival Sudhanshu Shekhar Bhaskar too submitted his nomination, according to the Chief Electoral Office (CEO) release.
In Sasaram (SC) Lok Sabha seat, JD(U) nominee K P Ramaiah, Chhedi Paswan of BJP and Surendra Ram, an Independent, filed their nomination papers, while Bagi Kumar Verma and Usha Sharan (Independent) submitted their nomination from Aurangabad parliamentary seat, it said.
JD(U) candidate Kaushal Yadav filed his nomination papers from Nawada Lok Sabha seat, while five candidates - Bhairav Dayal Singh (Independent), Jyoti Rashmi (Independent), Satya Narayan Singh (Independent), Sanjay Kewat (BSP) and Pradeep Kumar Joshi (Rashtriya Seva Dal) - submitted nomination for their candidature friom Karakat parliamentary seat, the release added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'