13 mobile phones among banned items seized from jail in Bihar
Khagaria: Thirteen mobile phones and 12 SIM cards were recovered during a raid at a divisional jail in Bihar`s Khagaria district on Monday, police said.
Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Subhash Chandra raided the jail premises and seized 13 mobile phones, 12 SIM cards, eight chargers from the cells of the inmates, Superintendent of Police Mithu Prasad said.
The raids were carried out in the divisional jail following information about the inmates using banned items in collusion with the jail authorities, he said.
Prasad said that recovery of the banned items clearly pointed to involvement of jail officials in facilitating the use of prohibited items by the inmates.
A report will be sent to the senior officials for strict action against the guilty officials, he said.
The Khagaria divisional jail houses two death row convicts Bodhan Sada and Jahid with other inmates, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?
- Met Dawood Ibrahim in London, he wanted to return to India: Ram Jethmalani