13 mobile phones among banned items seized from jail in Bihar
Khagaria: Thirteen mobile phones and 12 SIM cards were recovered during a raid at a divisional jail in Bihar`s Khagaria district on Monday, police said.
Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Subhash Chandra raided the jail premises and seized 13 mobile phones, 12 SIM cards, eight chargers from the cells of the inmates, Superintendent of Police Mithu Prasad said.
The raids were carried out in the divisional jail following information about the inmates using banned items in collusion with the jail authorities, he said.
Prasad said that recovery of the banned items clearly pointed to involvement of jail officials in facilitating the use of prohibited items by the inmates.
A report will be sent to the senior officials for strict action against the guilty officials, he said.
The Khagaria divisional jail houses two death row convicts Bodhan Sada and Jahid with other inmates, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder: Here's how the whole plan unfolded
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu