13 mobile phones among banned items seized from jail in Bihar
Khagaria: Thirteen mobile phones and 12 SIM cards were recovered during a raid at a divisional jail in Bihar`s Khagaria district on Monday, police said.
Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Subhash Chandra raided the jail premises and seized 13 mobile phones, 12 SIM cards, eight chargers from the cells of the inmates, Superintendent of Police Mithu Prasad said.
The raids were carried out in the divisional jail following information about the inmates using banned items in collusion with the jail authorities, he said.
Prasad said that recovery of the banned items clearly pointed to involvement of jail officials in facilitating the use of prohibited items by the inmates.
A report will be sent to the senior officials for strict action against the guilty officials, he said.
The Khagaria divisional jail houses two death row convicts Bodhan Sada and Jahid with other inmates, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state