13 mobile phones among banned items seized from jail in Bihar
Khagaria: Thirteen mobile phones and 12 SIM cards were recovered during a raid at a divisional jail in Bihar`s Khagaria district on Monday, police said.
Sub-Divisional Officer (SDO) Subhash Chandra raided the jail premises and seized 13 mobile phones, 12 SIM cards, eight chargers from the cells of the inmates, Superintendent of Police Mithu Prasad said.
The raids were carried out in the divisional jail following information about the inmates using banned items in collusion with the jail authorities, he said.
Prasad said that recovery of the banned items clearly pointed to involvement of jail officials in facilitating the use of prohibited items by the inmates.
A report will be sent to the senior officials for strict action against the guilty officials, he said.
The Khagaria divisional jail houses two death row convicts Bodhan Sada and Jahid with other inmates, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH