13 trains booked to mobilise Lalu`s supporters to rally
Patna: With tomorrow`s Parivartan rally considered crucial to reassert the popularity of RJD chief Lalu Prasad, the party has booked 13 trains to transport people to the event in Patna.
"A total 13 trains have been booked from different destinations in Bihar and Jharkhand for tomorrow`s rally," East Central Railway Chief Public Relation Officer Amitabh Prabhakar said.
He said over Rs 1.11 crore payment has been taken by Railways for booking the trains.
"We have nothing to do with the rally, we booked the trains for earning revenue," Prabhakar said.
While ECR has been paid to provide eight trains, three have been engaged from Eastern Railways for supporters in Jharkhand, while the Northeastern Frontier Railway would provide two trains to mobilise supporters from Seemanchal (bordering districts of Kishangunj, Purnia and Katihar and Araria) to Patna.
The rally, to be held at Gandhi Maidan here, would be first of its kind by RJD after 2005 when it lost power to NDA in the state.
It is being considered crucial to reassert the popularity of Lalu who has been lying low since the decimation of RJD in the general elections and 2010 assembly polls in the state.
RJD general secretary Ramkripal Yadav said the rally would decide the future course of politics in Bihar.
"The Parivartan rally will be the manifestation of people`s anger against Nitish Kumar government," he claimed.
Lalu had travelled across the state asking people to join the rally. According to a release by ECR`s Danapur division, mail and express trains coming from Delhi would be halted at Danapur station in between 2 pm to 12 am.
Trains arriving from Howrah would be stopped at Rajendranagar station during this time.
Passengers would be given necessary information regularly over loudspeakers at Patna junction as well on Danapur and Rajendranagar stations, the release said.
The rally has sparked political mudslinging between RJD and the ruling NDA. Chief Minister Nitish Kumar had said yesterday that the rally was being held to establish the supremacy of T2 (Lalu Prasad`s son - Tej Pratap and Tejaswi Yadav) in place of S2 (his brother-in-laws Sadhu Yadav and Subhas Yadav).
Lalu had shot back, saying Kumar was making such comments as he was afraid of the outcome of the rally which would sound the deathknell of his government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- Hundreds die as heat wave continues in India
- 2G scam: Ex-TRAI chief alleges Manmohan Singh had warned him to cooperate
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Pranab Mukherjee defends Bofors scam, says it was just a media trial
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Salman Khan attends sister Arpita's wedding reception in Mandi
- Zee Media's mega survey on Modi govt
- Zee Media Exclusive: Vidya Balan chats about 'Hamari Adhuri Kahani'
- Para athlete Deepa Malik complains of callous service by Air India
- Smriti Irani visits Amethi, promises to pay insurance money to 25,000 women
- One year of Modi govt: Amit Shah addresses media
- Mumbai Film City shoot-out: CCTV footage help police arrest assailants
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- MSBSHSE Class 12th HSC results 2015 to be declared at 1pm tomorrow
- Arpita-Aayush wedding reception: Salman Khan spreads love in Mandi, says `hum aapke hain`
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah
- Rahul Gandhi takes a dig at one year of Modi govt, wishes 'happy birthday' to 'suit-boot ki sarkar'
- AAP govt moves resolution against MHA notification: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 90 more in Andhra, Telangana; toll crosses 800
- UBSE Results 2015 (ubse.uk.gov.in): Uttarakhand 12th Result 2015 to be announced today at 11 AM
- Gujjars adamant on holding talks in Bayana; rail tracks remain blocked
- CBSE 10th result to be declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class X Board Results 2015 to declared tomorrow
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Salman Khan's `Bajrangi Bhaijaan` teaser to be out in two days?
- What couldn't be done in last 10 years, NDA govt did in one year: Smriti Irani in Amethi