137 JD(U) and BJP leaders join Congress
Patna: In a boost to Congress in Bihar, 137 JD(U) and BJP leaders, including former JD(U) spokesperson Shambhunath Sinha, on Thursday joined Congress.
Sinha and others were given primary membership of Congress by Bihar Pradesh Congress Committee (BPCC) president Ashok Chaudhary at a function held at the Sadakat Ashram here.
Speaking on the occasion, Chaudhary asked all former Congressmen, who had joined other parties, to return to their parent party and strengthen it ahead of the next General Elections.
He also had a dig at JD(U) and BJP for fighting a battle of attrition among themselves over Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi`s elevation as BJP`s poll campaign chief and possible parting of ways between the two NDA allies despite best efforts of the BJP patriarch LK Advani.
"The NDA government (in Bihar) is on ventilator and grasping for its last breath," the BPCC president alleged and claimed Bihar Congress will play an important role in the state politics, apparently hinting that the four-member Congress legislature party may extend support to Nitish Kumar government if JD(U) severe ties with BJP.
Besides Sinha, the other prominent JD(U) and BJP leaders joining the Congress are Rajkishore Singh, Premnath Paswan, Anil Kumar Nag, Rajesh Sinha, Pranav Pandey, Bhola Sharma, Sanjay Sharma and Rahul Kumar Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Watch: Panel discussion on students turning traitors at JNU - Part IV
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters
- Really? Is this why Deepika Padukone not open about her alleged relationship with Ranveer Singh?
- Congress leader from Gujarat conspired to implicate Narendra Modi in Ishrat Jahan case: Ex-IB officer
- JNU row: Congress VP meets protesting students; ABVP raises black flags, shout "Rahul Gandhi Go Back"