15 sentenced in multi-crore fodder scam case
New Delhi: Fifteen people, including some
former senior government officials, have been sentenced to
jail term ranging from five to ten years and slapped fines of
Rs five lakh to ten lakh by a special CBI court in Ranchi in
the multi-crore fodder scam case.
"The Special Judge-I, CBI, Animal Husbandry Department
(AHD), Ranchi has sentenced 15 accused persons in one of the
multi-crore fodder scam cases being trialled at Ranchi," a CBI
spokesperson said here today.
The court awarded Dr K N Jha, Regional Director, AHD,
Ranchi six years of rigorous imprisonment with a fine of Rs 15
lakh, Dr B N P Verma, retired Assistant Director (Poultry),
Ranchi six years RI with fine of Rs 15 lakh, Dr Hemendra Kumar
Sinha, Farm Veterinary Officer, Regional Poultry Farm, Hotwar,
Ranchi six years RI with fine of Rs 10 lakh.
It also sentenced Dr Kameshwar Sahay, retired DAHO (head
of the department of animal husbandry), Palamu to five years
RI with fine of Rs 5.25 lakh, Dr Shailendra Kumar Bharti,
Assistant Poultry Marketing Officer, Ranchi to five years RI
with fine of Rs 5.25 lakh, Dr D P Srivasatava, Retired
Assistant Poultry Marketing Officer, Ratu, Ranchi to six years
RI with fine of Rs 10 lakh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III