15 students and a teacher fall ill after eating mid-day meal in Bihar
Biharsharif: Fifteen students and a teacher were taken ill on Wednesday after eating mid-day meal at a primary school under Chandi block in Bihar`s Nalanda district, an official said.
The 15 students and the teacher complained of stomach upset soon after eating the meal in the school in Tarari village, Block Development Officer (BDO) Chitranjan Prasad said.
The ailing students and teacher were taken to a private nursing home for treatment where their condition was stated to be stable, he said.
It appears to be a case of food poisoning, the BDO said, adding the senior officials have rushed to the school to probe the matter.
The food sample has been taken for laboratory test, the BDO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- 'Mann Ki Baat': From praising India's daughters to concern over loss of lives in Kashmir - What all PM Narendra Modi said
- Kashmir unrest: Curfew, restrictions continue for 51st day; businesses suffer losses of Rs 7,500 crore
- US flight from New Orleans to Orlando makes emergency landing after engine fails
- WATCH! Dwayne Bravo bowls last ball of the match to MS Dhoni – This is what happened next
- 12 coaches of Thiruvananthapuram-Mangalore train derail in Kerala