15 students and a teacher fall ill after eating mid-day meal in Bihar
Biharsharif: Fifteen students and a teacher were taken ill on Wednesday after eating mid-day meal at a primary school under Chandi block in Bihar`s Nalanda district, an official said.
The 15 students and the teacher complained of stomach upset soon after eating the meal in the school in Tarari village, Block Development Officer (BDO) Chitranjan Prasad said.
The ailing students and teacher were taken to a private nursing home for treatment where their condition was stated to be stable, he said.
It appears to be a case of food poisoning, the BDO said, adding the senior officials have rushed to the school to probe the matter.
The food sample has been taken for laboratory test, the BDO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon