15 students and a teacher fall ill after eating mid-day meal in Bihar
Biharsharif: Fifteen students and a teacher were taken ill on Wednesday after eating mid-day meal at a primary school under Chandi block in Bihar`s Nalanda district, an official said.
The 15 students and the teacher complained of stomach upset soon after eating the meal in the school in Tarari village, Block Development Officer (BDO) Chitranjan Prasad said.
The ailing students and teacher were taken to a private nursing home for treatment where their condition was stated to be stable, he said.
It appears to be a case of food poisoning, the BDO said, adding the senior officials have rushed to the school to probe the matter.
The food sample has been taken for laboratory test, the BDO added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'