15 students and a teacher fall ill after eating mid-day meal in Bihar
Biharsharif: Fifteen students and a teacher were taken ill on Wednesday after eating mid-day meal at a primary school under Chandi block in Bihar`s Nalanda district, an official said.
The 15 students and the teacher complained of stomach upset soon after eating the meal in the school in Tarari village, Block Development Officer (BDO) Chitranjan Prasad said.
The ailing students and teacher were taken to a private nursing home for treatment where their condition was stated to be stable, he said.
It appears to be a case of food poisoning, the BDO said, adding the senior officials have rushed to the school to probe the matter.
The food sample has been taken for laboratory test, the BDO added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!