150 tainted govt employees to be dismissed from service
Patna: A total of 150 government employees under scanner for corruption, would be dismissed from service by March this year, a top official said on Friday.
While 21 employees may face dismissal from service by the end of this month on corruption charge, the remaining 129 will be meted out similar treatment by next month, Chief Secretary A K Sinha told reporters.
The exemplary action against the corrupt government employees was being taken after the charges against them being found to be correct after probe, he said.
The monitoring of progress in investigation of corruption charges against the government employees was being done at his level on weekly basis and each case was being discussed with the divisional commissioner and the district magistrate keeping in view both judicial and administrative procedure, Sinha said.
The Chief Secretary said that as many as 576 traps have been laid against the tainted government servants of which 99 cases were of the nature of corruption and amassment of disproportionate assets.
Out of a total of 934 corruption cases since 2006, 658 corrupt employees have been arrested and chargesheets submitted against 856, while 21 of them have been convicted by the courts.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Italy mourns quake victims, death toll rises to 291
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport