15,052.57 km of road built by NDA govt in Bihar
Patna: A total of 15,052.57 km of roads has been constructed in Bihar in the last seven years of the Nitish Kumar government and now one can travel from any district headquarter to the state capital within six hours except for far flung Kishanganj district.
A total of 15,052.57 km length of national highways, state highways and major district roads have been constructed in Bihar in the last seven years, according to information provided by state Road Construction department.
Presenting the report card 2012 of his government`s performance recently, Bihar chief minister had said that 35 km of roads are built everyday in the state.
The state has now achieved a road network of 23,544 km and efforts are on to build best quality roads in Bihar, Road construction secretary Pratya Amrit said.
In 2007-08 a total of 1913 km of roads were constructed in the state which rose to 3106 km in 2008-09, 3473 km in 2009-10, 2890 km in 2010-11 and 2028 km in 2011-12, the sources said.
This year till September a total of 657.23 km of roads has been built, they said.
To galvanise the roads work, the CM has launched a new scheme to connect every village having a population of 250 or above with the motorable road.
A total of 34,116 km of roads would be build under the Mukhya Mantri Gram Sampark Yojna in the next five years at a cost of Rs 23,000 crore, Kumar had said at report card submission function on November 24.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India