16 sentenced to life imprisonment in Bihar
Sasaram/Sitamarhi: Altogether 16 people were
sentenced to life imprisonment by local courts on Saturday in Rohtas
and Sitamarhi districts in connection with separate cases
related to murder.
A fast-track court judge (Rohtas) Binod Kumar pronounced
14 persons guilty of killing two villagers and sentenced them
to life imprisonment.
The court, however, acquitted another person for want of
The case related to killing of two persons using
sharp-edged weapons at Patnawa village in Rohtas district
following old enmity on August 25, 2007.
In Sitamarhi, a local court sentenced two persons to
life imprisonment in a murder case.
Fast-track court judge Arvind Kumar held Bharat Mahto and
Sheojit Mahto guilty of murdering Falku Mahto and awarded
life-term to them.
Falkhu Mahto was shot dead by them following a dispute at
a village under Major Gaunj police station in Sitamarhi
district on October 3,2006.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on