16-year-old girl gang raped, one accused held in Bihar
Sasaram: A minor girl was allegedly gang raped by four persons in Sasaram district of the state, police said on Sunday, following which one person has been arrested.
The 16-year-old girl was returning to Khekhani village last night after attending a cultural programme when she was waylaid by four persons and brutalised at a secluded spot, the official said.
Acting on the statement of the victim, the police lodged an FIR against four persons, identified as Vakil Chaudhary, Munna Chaudhary, Harekrishna Chaudhary (all from Khekhani village) and Deepu Kumar and arrested Vakil Chaudhary from a hide out, he said.
Raids were being conducted to apprehend the other three accused persons, he added.
The victim has been sent to a government hospital for medical check up, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed