16-year-old girl gang-raped, one accused held
Sasaram: A minor girl was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in Sasaram district of the state, police said on Sunday, following which one person has been arrested.
The 16-year-old girl was returning to Khekhani village last night after attending a cultural programme when she was waylaid by four persons and brutalised at a secluded spot, the official said.
Acting on the statement of the victim, the police lodged an FIR against four persons, identified as Vakil Chaudhary, Munna Chaudhary, Harekrishna Chaudhary (all from Khekhani village) and Deepu Kumar and arrested Vakil Chaudhary from a hide out, he said.
Raids were being conducted to apprehend the other three accused persons, he added.
The victim has been sent to a government hospital for medical check up, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- DNA: How terrorists are trained by Pakistan Navy with help of ISI
- Indrani can do anything for money: Siddharth Das
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail