16-year-old girl gang-raped, one accused held
Sasaram: A minor girl was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in Sasaram district of the state, police said on Sunday, following which one person has been arrested.
The 16-year-old girl was returning to Khekhani village last night after attending a cultural programme when she was waylaid by four persons and brutalised at a secluded spot, the official said.
Acting on the statement of the victim, the police lodged an FIR against four persons, identified as Vakil Chaudhary, Munna Chaudhary, Harekrishna Chaudhary (all from Khekhani village) and Deepu Kumar and arrested Vakil Chaudhary from a hide out, he said.
Raids were being conducted to apprehend the other three accused persons, he added.
The victim has been sent to a government hospital for medical check up, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price