16-year-old girl gang-raped, one accused held
Sasaram: A minor girl was allegedly gang-raped by four persons in Sasaram district of the state, police said on Sunday, following which one person has been arrested.
The 16-year-old girl was returning to Khekhani village last night after attending a cultural programme when she was waylaid by four persons and brutalised at a secluded spot, the official said.
Acting on the statement of the victim, the police lodged an FIR against four persons, identified as Vakil Chaudhary, Munna Chaudhary, Harekrishna Chaudhary (all from Khekhani village) and Deepu Kumar and arrested Vakil Chaudhary from a hide out, he said.
Raids were being conducted to apprehend the other three accused persons, he added.
The victim has been sent to a government hospital for medical check up, the police officer said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- PMO seeks report on Air India flights delayed by 'VIPs' Rijiju, Fadnavis
- Dausa car crash: Hema Malini injured, child killed; MP's driver booked for over speeding