17 members of SSC exam racket gang arrested
Patna: At least 17 persons of an examination racket have been arrested for illegal indulgence in staff selection commission examination in Bihar, police said.
On a tip-off, Special Task Force (STF) personnel arrested two persons from the gate of office of Bihar SSC here on Friday, STF Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said.
On the basis of statement of the two, other members of the gang who used to charge money upto Rs 9 lakh from candidate for getting them through in the exam, were taken into custody yesterday and today, the IGP said.
The IGP said investigation was on to find if officials were in collusion with the gang.
The Commission conducts examination for selection of non-gazetted official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Parrikar hits out at Nawaz Sharif, says India doesn't need advice about troops in Siachen
- Prefer to ignore what Nawaz Sharif said at UN, says Manohar Parrikar
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- 2nd T20I: India vs South Africa - Preview