17 members of SSC exam racket gang arrested
Patna: At least 17 persons of an examination racket have been arrested for illegal indulgence in staff selection commission examination in Bihar, police said.
On a tip-off, Special Task Force (STF) personnel arrested two persons from the gate of office of Bihar SSC here on Friday, STF Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said.
On the basis of statement of the two, other members of the gang who used to charge money upto Rs 9 lakh from candidate for getting them through in the exam, were taken into custody yesterday and today, the IGP said.
The IGP said investigation was on to find if officials were in collusion with the gang.
The Commission conducts examination for selection of non-gazetted official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- US Supreme Court's tie blocks Obama's immigration plan
- China, Switzerland oppose India's bid for NSG membership; Arvind Kejriwal seeks explanation from PM Narendra Modi
- You MUST pack these essentials in your kit while travelling!
- Shocker for India, Switzerland makes u-turn on NSG bid
- Tata Sons ordered to pay $1.17 bn to Japan's NTT DoCoMo