17 members of SSC exam racket gang arrested
Patna: At least 17 persons of an examination racket have been arrested for illegal indulgence in staff selection commission examination in Bihar, police said.
On a tip-off, Special Task Force (STF) personnel arrested two persons from the gate of office of Bihar SSC here on Friday, STF Inspector General of Police (Operation) Amit Kumar said.
On the basis of statement of the two, other members of the gang who used to charge money upto Rs 9 lakh from candidate for getting them through in the exam, were taken into custody yesterday and today, the IGP said.
The IGP said investigation was on to find if officials were in collusion with the gang.
The Commission conducts examination for selection of non-gazetted official.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- India's Balochistan push works, European Parliament warns Pakistan of sanctions over atrocities on Balochi people
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray